For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
Tom

TV series pilot script

Post by Tom » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:07 am

Siggdalos

Re: TV series pilot script

Post by Siggdalos » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:14 pm

Fascinating. Thanks for posting this.

There are certainly elements of this that I like (such as the burning ambulance scene) but also ones that make me glad that the series was never made (Eli's shapeshifting). However, the ending definitely piqued my interest again with the reveal of Inspector Eriksson's first name and what it implies about this being more of a LTROI sequel where Oskar and Eli did not stay together, as opposed to just being yet another adaptation of the book. Makes it interesting to think about what this alternate take on the story could've been like.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

Serendipitous

Post by Serendipitous » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:33 am

My opinions about American adaptations are predominantly mixed because of their refusal to acknowledge the complexity of Eli's gender.
So I have to wonder with a script that reads so much like fanfic, why bother with fanfic if you can't stand the central themes of the source material so much?

The buddy cop duo that tails Oskar feels like a product of americanization as well. Along with scene where a vampire catches fire in an ambulance which would have been some good cinematography. Good imagery with dreamlike and sublime auras but instead it has to spin out and flip over to be cool?

There will be things I like. Overall it has this feeling of a larger world of vampirism happenings that's hinted at in LTROI and further in LTODD, and this is a fun direction.
I like that they updated the format of the young boy Henry's bullying. It feels more raw which is good but I just hope it's "justified" if that makes sense. Not garish for garish sake.

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:16 pm

Serendipitous wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:33 am
There will be things I like. Overall it has this feeling of a larger world of vampirism happenings that's hinted at in LTROI and further in LTODD, and this is a fun direction.
I like that they updated the format of the young boy Henry's bullying. It feels more raw which is good but I just hope it's "justified" if that makes sense. Not garish for garish sake.
This script is for the 2017 series that was never made. The Showtime series that's currently in production is unrelated to this version.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”