Madison Taylor Baez Will Play a Young Vampire in Showtime’s LET THE RIGHT ONE IN Series

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
abner_mohl

Madison Taylor Baez Will Play a Young Vampire in Showtime’s LET THE RIGHT ONE IN Series

Post by abner_mohl » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:00 pm

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/40382 ... in-series/
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 234969756/
Madison Taylor Baez will star opposite Demián Bichir in the long-gestating adaptation of the Swedish vampire drama, which has also enlisted Kevin Carroll (Snowfall), Jacob Buster (Colony) and Ian Foreman (Merry Wish-Mas).

Currently in the pilot stage, the potential series is based on the 2004 novel by John Ajvide Lindqvist and 2008 film from the scribe, Let the Right One In centers on a father (Bichir) and his 12-year-old daughter whose lives were changed a decade earlier when she was turned into a vampire.

Baez — who played a young Selena in the Netflix scripted entry Selena: The Series — will play the lead role of the daughter, Eleanor. After she was bitten by a mysterious creature, Eleanor and her father, Mark, were forced to live in the shadows and commit shameful acts to keep her alive. When she returns to New York City, Eleanor meets a friend who reignites her desire to regain her humanity, even as her condition brings out an animalistic power.
Carroll will play Zeke Dawes, the charismatic owner of a successful restaurant and one of Mark’s oldest confidants as well as one of the few people who know about Eleanor’s condition.
Buster will play Peter, who suffers the same affliction as Eleanor. When his father tests a potential cure on him that backfires, a terrifying monster is unleashed.
Foreman will play Isaiah, the quiet, sensitive, and small for his age kid who loves magic and is an easy target for the other boys at school. He does find a true friend in Eleanor, but has no idea the threat she poses.Madison Taylor Baez will star opposite Demián Bichir in the long-gestating adaptation of the Swedish vampire drama, which has also enlisted Kevin Carroll (Snowfall), Jacob Buster (Colony) and Ian Foreman (Merry Wish-Mas).
Currently in the pilot stage, the potential series is based on the 2004 novel by John Ajvide Lindqvist and 2008 film from the scribe, Let the Right One In centers on a father (Bichir) and his 12-year-old daughter whose lives were changed a decade earlier when she was turned into a vampire.
Baez — who played a young Selena in the Netflix scripted entry Selena: The Series — will play the lead role of the daughter, Eleanor. After she was bitten by a mysterious creature, Eleanor and her father, Mark, were forced to live in the shadows and commit shameful acts to keep her alive. When she returns to New York City, Eleanor meets a friend who reignites her desire to regain her humanity, even as her condition brings out an animalistic power.
Carroll will play Zeke Dawes, the charismatic owner of a successful restaurant and one of Mark’s oldest confidants as well as one of the few people who know about Eleanor’s condition.
Buster will play Peter, who suffers the same affliction as Eleanor. When his father tests a potential cure on him that backfires, a terrifying monster is unleashed.
Foreman will play Isaiah, the quiet, sensitive, and small for his age kid who loves magic and is an easy target for the other boys at school. He does find a true friend in Eleanor, but has no idea the threat she poses.

Tom

Re: Madison Taylor Baez Will Play a Young Vampire in Showtime’s LET THE RIGHT ONE IN Series

Post by Tom » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:55 pm

Ian Foreman is playing the “Oskar” role.

abner_mohl

Re: Madison Taylor Baez Will Play a Young Vampire in Showtime’s LET THE RIGHT ONE IN Series

Post by abner_mohl » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:54 pm

This is LTROI in name only, lifting the basic plot of lonely vampire trapped in a 12 year old body meets lonely bullied 12 year old boy, and then mash up the plot. They may as well do it as an anthology series. At least this version they didn't attempt to age it up to another Twilight clone like the failed pilot from a few years ago.

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:36 pm

abner_mohl wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:54 pm
This is LTROI in name only, lifting the basic plot of lonely vampire trapped in a 12 year old body meets lonely bullied 12 year old boy, and then mash up the plot. They may as well do it as an anthology series. At least this version they didn't attempt to age it up to another Twilight clone like the failed pilot from a few years ago.
Personally, I haven't read anything yet that I think sounds too outrageous or that would make me consider this "LTROI in name only". I'm apprehensive towards some of the new elements they're adding, like the Zeke and Peter characters, and if it was up to me I would've preferred if they instead included more of the original side elements from the book that were left out of the movies (e.g. Tommy). However, the core of the story still seems to be there, and if we're going to get a third on-screen LTROI adaptation (When are we going to get a Harbour or Places trilogy adaptation?), I would rather see them approach it from a new angle than stick to essentially the same story and characters that's already been shown in the two films. With that said, it remains to be seen if the finished product is something I'll want to watch (I still haven't decided if I want to ever watch LMI).

I also don't think "trapped in a 12 year old body" is an accurate description of Eli, but that's beside the point.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

abner_mohl

Post by abner_mohl » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:26 am

Just using the description provided by THR about the trapped in a 12 year old body.

danielmann861

Post by danielmann861 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:50 pm

So...this is LTROI in name only then?

Okay, I can go back to having no interest then.

Does JAL actually have involvement in it? Or does it have his blessing?

Siggdalos

Post by Siggdalos » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:03 pm

danielmann861 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:50 pm
Does JAL actually have involvement in it?
No. See the last line of this article on his website.
danielmann861 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:50 pm
Or does it have his blessing?
The person (people?) who runs his site has been reporting on the casting news as they become public, but JAL hasn't commented on what he thinks of the project, AFAIK.

My understanding is that this is based on the same rights that JAL originally sold for Let Me In (which were also going to be used for the canceled 2017 TV series) and that they can do whatever they want regardless of his approval or disapproval, but I admittedly have no idea how any of that legal stuff works.

I will say that I've gotten less optimistic toward the whole thing in the time since my last post. I'll reserve my judgment for the finished product, though.
Regardless of quality, it'll probably at the very least get more people to discover the original book/film and this forum. So that's something.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”