Let the Right One In - E01 (Review - Potential Spoilers)

For discussion of A&E's television show Let The Right One In
Pissball

Re: Let the Right One In - E01 (Review - Potential Spoilers)

Post by Pissball » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:44 am

Ill quote my comment on another thread, but yeah I din't like it. The attempt to make the book a "serial" instead of miniseries is probably the key factor why this failled to me, as they had to change many things and add other, all of them for worst (to me).
Pissball wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:31 am
I saw the first episode and totally hated it :think:
They basically killed every signature in the original story.
The intimate-small atmosphere (Blackeberg, Eli+Oscar and a group of neighbors and nothing else)
Eli-Hakhan's dark mutual parasitism (the show's happy daddy-day care is atrocious)
Eli himself, this is just a normal Dafne Keen/Millie Bobby Brown-esque little girl with vampirism. I understand what they were looking for, but it's awful.
The survivor aspects of the characters.
Oskar bleakness and isolation
Not Tommy, not a bunch of alcoholic simpletons, crazy cat senior, instead some well-dressed adult character that I didn't care for at all.
The MYSTERY! where's the magic in this stuff?? (other than the kid's magic tricks) Oskar and Eli first encounter in both the book and the movie was magical/etheral and iconic.

As for the technical aspects, the CGI was terrible and the photography/atmosphere uninspired. The scene where Eli comes out after the window was a lame attempt to imitate Alfredson (not to mention the shoddy cgi)

I'd forgive them if they at least called this something else, just don't call it Let The Right One In.
It has "made for TV" written on the face. And this is Showtime, premium tv. Dissapointed.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Television Series)”