A short review.

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Rörelsen
Drakeule

Re: A short review.

Post by Drakeule » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:25 pm

Jameron wrote:
Drakeule wrote:You can get the Australian english version of I am behind you from Book Depository. The translation is a bit off in spots though.
A "bit off" as in; obviously Australian, or not an accurate translation from Swedish?

I don't think the translator is familiar with English terms. And they did make at least one direct mistake that I caught and metoo confirmed involving a gun. It's readable, but if Marlaine Delargy is doing the UK/US version I'd wait.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:40 am

Drakeule wrote:
Jameron wrote:
Drakeule wrote:You can get the Australian english version of I am behind you from Book Depository. The translation is a bit off in spots though.
A "bit off" as in; obviously Australian, or not an accurate translation from Swedish?

I don't think the translator is familiar with English terms. And they did make at least one direct mistake that I caught and metoo confirmed involving a gun. It's readable, but if Marlaine Delargy is doing the UK/US version I'd wait.
Yeah, I think I'll wait.

Is it available in hardback? The Book Depository only have it in paperback.

Edit - I've emailed Quercus and asked them when it will be released.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

Drakeule

Post by Drakeule » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:24 pm

Yeah, all I could get was paperback. If there is a version with a better translator let me know. I feel I may not have liked it as much as I could have if it had been properly done.

Jameron

Post by Jameron » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:46 pm

Got a reply from Quercus. They plan to release the book in hardback during 2017. Nothing more specific, sorry.

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:01 am

Just ordered it on Amazon. Hardcover and paperback are available.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

danielmann861

Post by danielmann861 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:31 am

Hello all! It’s been a long time since I’ve been on this site, but I’m glad it still exists, I really would be surprised if anyone remembers me.

I recently got back into the Lindqvist mood and finally got around to starting this book. About 138 pages in.

I’m intrigued. I don’t know where this is going. I’m literally at the part where he has returned to the apartment building. I’ve been intrigued thus far though. It’s had me gripped for the last three days just reading about his younger days as a magician, the story of the abused boy in the woods, the laundry block (and the strange happenings in the laundry block)

Yeah, I’m intrigued as to where it’s all going. I’m enjoying it. Once I’m done with this I will probably go back to I Am Behind You and read through that as well. But this one has me both hooked and intrigued as to where it’s all going.

Return to “I Always Find You”