Let The Right One In Video Tribute

A forum for discussing fan-created media related to Let The Right One In.
intrige

Re: Let The Right One In Video Tribute

Post by intrige » Wed May 09, 2018 3:58 am

madhawkeye314 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:52 am
Hahaha you have no idea how happy I am that you guys like it xD I showed it to a few of my roommates when I was touching it up and I don't think it was really their thing (which is just fine), but it is nice to be able to interact with people who love this story as much as I do. And watching tribute videos for shows/games is a guilty pleasure of mine, so props to you Intrige for making them because I love them haha.
I have showed it to a few of the people I know and knew IRL and most tend to not get it at all, not the editing of fan art or the movie and book itself. Many of us have tried to "infect" other people and as far as I know I and GK are the only ones who have ever had an IRL person come to this forum. Also I totally infected my oldest niece, who turns 18 in 12 days, woah! :O The other day we found my swedish LTROI pocket book and she speaks swedish fluently so she read the best parts of the book to me. She still got it. But THAT is very very hard. I had to show it to a whole lot of random people until anyone liked it at all!

I'm glad you like my little fanvids, they are a few years in the making. A long list. I am actually kinda proud of them. I was watchng them myself just now, it has indeed been a very long time since I have made one.:)

Btw, welcome to the forum :D
Last edited by intrige on Wed May 09, 2018 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:01 am

This is one of your best. How long did this take you do to? I can only imagine it was HOURS if not DAYS or even WEEKS. How many edits are in this, thousands?! Absolutely stunning - yehhhh

Sorry, madhawkeye314, I don't mean to get so far off your posting of your video. It's just so darn good that it, well, it ranks up there with some amazing work from before. In other words: YEHHH! You've got something really good here with your take on Kalya 's song. Your presentation fits really well with the inspiration of this story. +1

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed May 09, 2018 4:07 am

You're so kind GK :) Both to me and to our new member. The original fanvideo in this thread was good, reminded me of what I used to do day in and day out. And I get how much work goes into something like that, even if it was for fun. :)

And GK, I have no idea man. I remember plucking the tiniest scenes from the movie and splitting it up in very very tiny clips and then spreading the scenes apart and together again in different places over and over again. Copy paste copy paste. The first time I tried this the program I used (sony vegas pro 11) crashed and I had to do it all over again, haha. The second time I did the same but a bit lesser, and I rendered the smaller clips first and pasted it into the program as one video file before starting with the layers. After that it didn't take so long. The render I remember after that, to make it a amv file, or an avi file or whatever, it took foooorever.

I remember having this video in my head for years every time I listened to the song but I just knew I was not able to do it just yet. I must admit this is also one of my best, according to me :) Very proud of this one :D Worth all the chrashes and renders!

madhawkeye314

Post by madhawkeye314 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:19 am

intrige wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:07 am
You're so kind GK :) Both to me and to our new member. The original fanvideo in this thread was good, reminded me of what I used to do day in and day out. And I get how much work goes into something like that, even if it was for fun. :)

And GK, I have no idea man. I remember plucking the tiniest scenes from the movie and splitting it up in very very tiny clips and then spreading the scenes apart and together again in different places over and over again. Copy paste copy paste. The first time I tried this the program I used (sony vegas pro 11) crashed and I had to do it all over again, haha. The second time I did the same but a bit lesser, and I rendered the smaller clips first and pasted it into the program as one video file before starting with the layers. After that it didn't take so long. The render I remember after that, to make it a amv file, or an avi file or whatever, it took foooorever.

I remember having this video in my head for years every time I listened to the song but I just knew I was not able to do it just yet. I must admit this is also one of my best, according to me :) Very proud of this one :D Worth all the chrashes and renders!
Yeah i like what you did with the overlay, never seen anything like it, but its pretty cool. Planning on doing a tribute video just for my high school friends and i might try something similiar (although probably not nearly as intense as yours, i cant even imagine how much work that was haha). Yeah i used shotcut so i know all about projects breaking after hours of work, the struggle is real xD but so is the satisfaction of a finished product :)

gkmoberg1

Post by gkmoberg1 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:20 am

@madhawkeye314: your other vids - those for The Last Of Us - are interesting. I don't know the story, so I have no idea what's around each corner. Sure looks like an incredible game!

madhawkeye314

Post by madhawkeye314 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:35 am

gkmoberg1 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:20 am
@madhawkeye314: your other vids - those for The Last Of Us - are interesting. I don't know the story, so I have no idea what's around each corner. Sure looks like an incredible game!
Yeah so i started making those for my friends who dont like swearing but would like the game. Honestly I like The Last Of Us just as much as LTROI. Its a great story and it really grips you emotionally. John Ajvide Lindqvist actually posted about the game in the off topic forum and I got pretty excited when i found out that he liked it too.

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed May 09, 2018 4:40 am

madhawkeye314 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:35 am
gkmoberg1 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:20 am
Yeah so i started making those for my friends who dont like swearing but would like the game. Honestly I like The Last Of Us just as much as LTROI. Its a great story and it really grips you emotionally. John Ajvide Lindqvist actually posted about the game in the off topic forum and I got pretty excited when i found out that he liked it too.
He said he lost sleep over it, yeah I remember :) I have wanted to play it ever since but I don't have and can't afford the console :(

madhawkeye314

Post by madhawkeye314 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:11 pm

Had my first class today for film studies and I found out my teacher loves LTROI. Life is goood.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed May 09, 2018 10:39 pm

madhawkeye314 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:11 pm
Had my first class today for film studies and I found out my teacher loves LTROI. Life is goood.
Are you kidding? What a break! 8-)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

ltroifanatic

Post by ltroifanatic » Thu May 10, 2018 11:15 am

Sounds like it's going to be a fun course.Be sure to tell us about any interesting tidbits you might hear of. :D
Please Oskar.Be me for a little while.

Return to “Fan Media”