I'm so happy. Låt den rätte komma in, will finally be mine!

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
Jessy7217

I'm so happy. Låt den rätte komma in, will finally be mine!

Post by Jessy7217 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:44 pm

It's been quite the uphill battle. Turned into a very tiny, mini-saga, if you will. It all started back on March 21st, ending on the 6th of this month. I had first ordered through book depository. Order was cancelled. Contacted them, and was told they had issues with their supplier, and had found a new one. I re-ordered the book. That order was also cancelled. Tried once more, hoping the third time would be the charm. Nope. Also cancelled. Tried via amazon. Cancelled, as well. Turns out, they went through book depository. *sigh*
Tried out thriftbooks, ordered it on the 6th. It shipped the very next day, and is now already in the city next to mine.

My book(sadly without the bit of text at the bottom. My search for an exact copy, including that, will continue.)
Please excuse the poor quality.

So glad this mini-saga is nearly at its completion. Now, gotta get back to swedish101, for my language learning. Took my first lesson quiz, about a week ago, and got 8/10. The two I got wrong were ones I put I'm not sure, for. Pretty good, eh?
Last edited by Jessy7217 on Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmfireflies

Re: I'm so happy. Låt den rätte komma in, will finally be mine!

Post by cmfireflies » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:28 pm

congrats. How are you liking the book?
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

Jessy7217

Post by Jessy7217 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:06 pm

cmfireflies wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:28 pm
I don't know why I didn't see your response, til now.

I started reading it, some days ago. Only up to page 41. Interesting enough so far, to keep reading.

Jessy7217

Post by Jessy7217 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:09 pm

Jessy7217 wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:44 pm
It's been quite the uphill battle. Turned into a very tiny, mini-saga, if you will. It all started back on March 21st, ending on the 6th of this month. I had first ordered through book depository. Order was cancelled. Contacted them, and was told they had issues with their supplier, and had found a new one. I re-ordered the book. That order was also cancelled. Tried once more, hoping the third time would be the charm. Nope. Also cancelled. Tried via amazon. Cancelled, as well. Turns out, they went through book depository. *sigh*
Tried out thriftbooks, ordered it on the 6th. It shipped the very next day, and is now already in the city next to mine. Image

So glad this mini-saga is nearly at its completion. Now, gotta get back to swedish101, for my language learning. Took my first lesson quiz, about a week ago, and got 8/10. The two I got wrong were ones I put I'm not sure, for. Pretty good, eh?

Well, darn. The pics no longer show up. I'll have to figure out what ones they are, and try again.

Jessy7217

Post by Jessy7217 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:11 pm

cmfireflies wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:28 pm
Oh, wait. This is about the Swedish version. I'm reading my copy of the English version.

Ash

Post by Ash » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:09 am

Too bad you weren't here a few years back Jessy. I had a a copy signed by JAL in London and re-gifted it to another member here, can't remember who. From memory, the postage to the US was many times what the book cost 😖.

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”