Blackeberg pictures in context

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
Pissball

Re: Blackeberg pictures in context

Post by Pissball » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:25 pm

Definitely not depressing as those brutalist communist like housing in Britain for example.
And also, JAL did not describe it as a place full of abandonment and crime like those places in the 70s - early 80s (Hakan and Eli murders in London's Trellick Tower maybe wouldn't call much attention and just add some marks on its bad reputation lol)

There are already images of the basement. Im missing how could look of the lover's kiosk.

Maybe like this?

Or this:

Here, an document on Kiosk's architecture :geek: :think:
https://stockholmskallan.stockholm.se/P ... 275_01.pdf

Edit: I just saw the candy scene in the movie, and it looks like the second one :arrow:

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:08 am

No bananaas? ;)

metoo

Post by metoo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:53 pm

Pissball wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:25 pm
There are already images of the basement. Im missing how could look of the lover's kiosk.
Here it is: https://goo.gl/maps/y8od5TA84uN2
These days it's a Thai food takeaway, but otherwise it probably looks quite the same as it did in 1981.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Unconditional

Post by Unconditional » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:16 am

Hello! I cannot see the pictures they are not available anymore on Flickr or whatever. Any way to see them again, link or something? :D :idea:
For me it's more real than most of what's going on

bluezephyr

Post by bluezephyr » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:41 am

But can you see the bananaas?

metoo

Post by metoo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:14 am

Unconditional wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:16 am
Hello! I cannot see the pictures they are not available anymore on Flickr or whatever. Any way to see them again, link or something? :D :idea:
No, unfortunately. Apparently drakkar deleted them when cleaning up among his files.
But from the beginning Eli was just Eli. Nothing. Anything. And he is still a mystery to me. John Ajvide Lindqvist

Unconditional

Post by Unconditional » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:44 am

metoo wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:14 am
Unconditional wrote:
No, unfortunately. Apparently drakkar deleted them when cleaning up among his files.
damn... he/she must have them on his computer or something? Whatever, I'll just have to go there myself. I'm Swedish – I might make a trip there in April and upload pictures again here in a new thread!

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:22 am

Unconditional wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:44 am
metoo wrote:
Unconditional wrote:
damn... he/she must have them on his computer or something? Whatever, I'll just have to go there myself. I'm Swedish – I might make a trip there in April and upload pictures again here in a new thread!
Unconditional, that would be wonderful. In what part of Sweden do you live?
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Unconditional

Post by Unconditional » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:27 am

dongregg wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:22 am
Unconditional wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:44 am
metoo wrote:

Unconditional, that would be wonderful. In what part of Sweden do you live?

I live in Seoul Korea at the moment but going on vacation to Malmö, southern Sweden (my hometown) and also I'm going to Stockholm in April anyways so I might as well just make a stop in Blackeberg. The thing is that I do not remember the specific locations except for the apartment buildings, but I can do some research before.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Thomas Zackarias Westberg created Staden I skogen--bilder och berättelser från Blackeberg. The photos cover a long span of history. I was able to contact the author, and he shipped it directly to me (Atlanta). I don't remember the cost, but it was reasonable.

copyright 2011

Say hello to South Korea for me. I was there in 1960-1961 in the U.S. Army.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”