Another seasons greetings

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
gattoparde59

Re: Another seasons greetings

Post by gattoparde59 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:26 am

Merry Christmas! :) Look forward to reading more from you.

I'll break open the story and tell you what is there. Then, like the others that have fallen out onto the sand, I will finish with it, and the wind will take it away.

Nisa

Struan

Post by Struan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:47 pm

drakkar wrote:And next Christmas I hope we'll get another present.
And welcome. :)
Drakkar you got your wish!

Amazing a year has passed! Merry Christmas John.
Looking forward to Let the Old Dreams Die, and I have to say that I find the idea of zombies shuffling to Brother Louie or Geronimo's Cadillac to be very intriguing to say the least :D
In a gloomy empty land, with dreary hills ahead.

ZWD40

Post by ZWD40 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Im both saddened and glad the day I joined this community.
Glad that I'm here, and sad that I missed so much that has already happened.

Here's hoping for another year for this community.
Merry Christmas all!
... she looks like a kid who has just been overindulgent with chocolate cake or a messy candy bar...
I could just picture Arnold planting a bloody kiss on Oskar telling him "I'll be back."

Aurora

Post by Aurora » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:49 pm

A Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

p.s. I'm glad that your post is in the right forum this time ;)
Team Eli

sauvin

Post by sauvin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:39 am

John, I think it more accurate to think of us as being precisely what the forum's name suggests: Infected. You've crafted a work of fiction that transfixes and mystifies us endlessly. I seriously can't wait for more of your work to appear in English (because I am unfortunately too old to learn new languages)!
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

TheVoxHumanus

Post by TheVoxHumanus » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:18 am

Happy Christmas. I've been absent for a while and it's very nice to know the forum is still active. I just re-read Let The Right One In and I was transfixed again -- read it in one lazy, snowy day.

God of Vampires

Post by God of Vampires » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:45 am

I have never been more proud about being an Infected :D . I am so going to buy Let the Old Dreams Die when it comes out :D .
"I think Eli, just as me, is a fan of multicoloured equines. You need this to get through an eternity of bloodshed."
_God of Vampires/Prince Darkmoon, Proud infected, proud brony.

genie47

Post by genie47 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:02 pm

johnajvide wrote: As for myself I have just finished my novel ”Tjärven” which is a convenional zombie novel of 180 pages which I wrote in 35 days just to see if I could. Extremely violent, more blood than in Little Star and with a ”soundtrack” mostly consisting of Modern Talking.
(Isn´t that just the perfect match? Zombies and Modern Talking.)
You remember Modern Talking! I was dancing to Modern Talking then. Zombies and Modern Talking? I would agree with you. PERFECT! :mrgreen:

Oh yes. Merry Christmas.
Låt den rätte komma in in both its printed and celluloid form is a slow acting poison. You will be poisoned white. White from arsenic and innocence.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao Tzu

covenant6452

Post by covenant6452 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:37 pm

God Yul to you and all your family and friends, Mr Lindqvist, you are "The Man"!
Thank you for LDRKI and all your other fantastic tales, you have made a fan for life of me and probably many more of us.
Keep the beautiful horror coming!
Du måste bjuda in mig...or else!

N.R. Gasan

Post by N.R. Gasan » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:51 am

Season's Greetings to you, John-mon. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Glad Noel, Cool Yule, and so on. Thanks for remembering us humble Infected.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but I'm wondering: English is spoken much more widely around the world than probably any other language. In fact, English is probably closer to a universal language than any other in history. That being the case, and since John Lindqvist speaks and writes excellent English, I'm wondering if at some point -- as he gains a worldwide audience -- if the author might benefit from writing his books in English rather than his native Swedish. It seems to me that his books would get a wider circulation more quickly if that were the case. Any thoughts?

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”