Seasons greeting no.10

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
dongregg

Re: Seasons greeting no.10

Post by dongregg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi zanovia. Welcome to the forum. I hope to hear more from you. :)
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:43 am

I'm still overflowing with ideas and there are so many things I want to write. I actually also have the embryo for a proper follow-up to Let the right one in, not a short story but a full novel. First I want to write "The Kindness", and then a novel based on structure of the video game "Forbidden Siren" which will be kalled "Värdet" ("The Value"). But after that I just might return to Oskar and Eli, in the present day. We´ll see.
Hi John, as long as you don't do anything horrible to Eli and Oskar, I'll definitely buy a copy.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

SpartanAltego

Post by SpartanAltego » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:44 pm

The idea of a sequel, even if it arrived five or six or ten years from now, is pretty thrilling to contemplate. After years of creating and consuming fan-works and debating the future that could be shaped for O&E, it stands as a chance to do something really special: show us something we haven’t seen or haven’t considered before.

Which, as I look at the state of modern Hollywood as a point of reference, may not necessarily be what every fan wants. International culture seems to hate the idea of change or growth beyond nostalgia. But I, for one, will eagerly dive into this sequel if and when it comes. In the meantime I’ll just have to enjoy the appetizer and first course of dishes before we get to the blood-and-chocolate dessert cake.
"The dark is patient, and it always wins. But its weakness lies in its strength: a single candle is enough to hold it at bay. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." - Matthew Stover

Even

Post by Even » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:33 pm

Happy new year to John & all! I'm pretty new here, but this seems like a very nice tradition. I got Little Star at christmas and I look forward to reading soon. Not that anyone should care, but I'm also recording music partly inspired by the tone of 'Let the Right One In', which broke me again recently and sort of led me here. Youth, love, horror, fantasy, drudgery, ageing. I then read your first translated short story collection, which I loved. Border certainly stuck out, so I was delighted to see it has been adapted. It was in reading this that I realised you're a writer I should be following. I will absolutely try and see it this year if I can. I've found lots of great discussion and media here so far :))
Last edited by Even on Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:56 pm

Wow, Even. Welcome to the forum!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Unconditional

Post by Unconditional » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:31 am

I'm new to the forum. Makes me happy to see so many people loving this wonderful story. For me the characters are still out there somewhere and a follow-up novel would be a dream come true. I read the book 11 years ago when I was 11 and fell in love with it. I then forgot about it but recently came back for some reason. Guess I found someone who sparked those same feelings within me.
Please, John, continue the follow up novel as soon as you are ready. This story is eternal. Thank you.
For me it's more real than most of what's going on

madhawkeye314

Post by madhawkeye314 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:07 am

Wow potential sequels for two of my favorite things - The last of us and Let the Right One in. JAL I wish you the best for the year and if you feel like you can do Eli and Oscar justice in a sequel, please go for it!

Unconditional

Post by Unconditional » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:59 am

Don't know if it would be possible, but wouldn't Let the Wrong Ones Go (Låt de felaktiga gå) be a great title haha?
As a sort of finish to the verse from Morrissey Let the right one in, let the old dreams die, let the wrong ones go.
Just predicting and fantasising a bit :D
For me it's more real than most of what's going on

bluezephyr

Post by bluezephyr » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:16 pm

I would easily welcome that name. Morrissey is great, and Johnny Marr is my favorite guitarist from the smiths apart from Jonny Greenwood. Although if it is a different name I wouldn't be much surprised either. I'd love it either way.

wooster

Post by wooster » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Johnny Marr is my fav guitarist too!

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”