Confirmed: New limited edition of Let the Right One In

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Låt den rätte komma in
Jameron

Re: Confirmed: New limited edition of Let the Right One In

Post by Jameron » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:45 am

Nice. Well done and congrats. 👍

"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli’s eyes. And what he saw was … himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:07 pm

So I forgot this this was a preorder and went poking around on the suntup website.

I noticed that suntup introduced LtROI as being lauded by critics as "brilliant and repulsive." Curious, I did a google search to try to find which critic described LtROI in that way and all I could find were results which pointed back to suntup's website.

Does anyone know where "brilliant and repulsive" came from? It's such a weird phrase.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:27 pm

Probably not the most high profile critic out there but...
By turns brilliant and repulsive, compelling and uncomfortable Let The Right One In is a thought provoking read that will stay with you long after the novel itself has been read.
http://www.lovevampires.com/jalletin.html
No banaaaanas?

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:49 pm

CyberGhostface wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:27 pm
Probably not the most high profile critic out there but...
By turns brilliant and repulsive, compelling and uncomfortable Let The Right One In is a thought provoking read that will stay with you long after the novel itself has been read.
http://www.lovevampires.com/jalletin.html
Great detective work! Thanks for finding this.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

danielmann861

Post by danielmann861 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:20 am

I managed to order one of the Artwork editions.

I wish I had splurged and went for the John Lindqvist autographed copies, I was up and on the site right as the orders went live and I could have easily got one, but I just couldn’t pull the trigger on the asking price. But now I kind of regret not going for it.

Maybe one day I will get a copy signed by the man himself.

But I at least secured one of the cheaper Artwork Hardcover books so that will do.

What’s this third story that I haven’t read yet? I’ve read Let the Old Dreams Die (of course) but what is this third story business that the book contains? I didn’t even know he wrote another one. That’s how out of the loop I am (lol)

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:05 am

danielmann861 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:20 am
I managed to order one of the Artwork editions.

I wish I had splurged and went for the John Lindqvist autographed copies, I was up and on the site right as the orders went live and I could have easily got one, but I just couldn’t pull the trigger on the asking price. But now I kind of regret not going for it.

Maybe one day I will get a copy signed by the man himself.

But I at least secured one of the cheaper Artwork Hardcover books so that will do.

What’s this third story that I haven’t read yet? I’ve read Let the Old Dreams Die (of course) but what is this third story business that the book contains? I didn’t even know he wrote another one. That’s how out of the loop I am (lol)
Hi daniel,
Glad to hear from you again. I think the third story is "What Kept You So Long" which was originally in the short story collection "Seize the night" Personally I would temper my expectations for this one as Oskar and Eli do not make an appearance at all and it only has small references to Let the Right One In. Let the RIght One In and Let the Old Dreams Die complete the story, and What Kept You So Long may in set in the same universe, but doesn't add to the plot.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:49 pm

danielmann861 wrote:
Not much of a consolation but you shouldn’t kick yourself because you wouldn’t have been able to get it unless you got very lucky. People who purchased the previous Suntup book got first dibs before anyone else and they snatched up all but eleven copies. The remaining eleven copies went up for a raffle. I was on my computer waiting until the very second it went live and it was never available beyond the raffle.
danielmann861 wrote:
It’s a vampire story Lindqvist wrote but there’s no significant connection to LTROI beyond the title being a Morrissey reference.
No banaaaanas?

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:00 am

How can they want more for that paperweight...

...than for one of the editions of the novel itself? :think:
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 pm

The publisher shows off the dust jacket for LTROI here briefly at the eleven minute mark if anyone was curious about the wraparound art.

Also at the eight minute mark he shows off one of the original paintings of Eli featured in the book.

https://facebook.com/pg/suntupeditions/ ... oser=false
No banaaaanas?

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:03 am

Hey Cyber.

Here is a youtube vid of a guy who got his copy early

Return to “Let The Right One In (Novel)”