Just saw it... *spoilers*

For discussion of Ali Abbasi's film Gräns
CyberGhostface

Just saw it... *spoilers*

Post by CyberGhostface » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:07 am

Very weird film. I only vaguely remember the short story and I guess I expected something like ‘Let the Right One In’ with trolls but it gets pretty dark and twisted. I suppose it’s well-made for what it is but unlike LTROI I really have no desire to watch this again.
No banaaaanas?

sauvin

Re: Just saw it... *spoilers*

Post by sauvin » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:05 pm

The movie 'Border' is now playing on Hulu.
Fais tomber les barrières entre nous qui sommes tous des frères

danielmann861

Post by danielmann861 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:21 am

I kinda frigging loved it. I really liked the short story. On my first viewing of the film I wasn’t sure how I felt about the extended plot — the pedophilia ring — but upon rewatch, I actually really came around on it. It’s quite brave of them to go to such a place and it’s an interesting idea. Cruelty begets more cruelty. It’s one of the most unique love stories I’ve seen n quite a while. Just as I was in the short story, I was utterly captivated by Tina. Also, I was so surprised the sex scene made it in. I remember reading that in the short story and thought “if this ever got made into a film, there is no way they could do that scene full justice” but the son of a bitch did it :)

Yeah, I really liked it. Just makes me want to see more of John’s films hit the big screen. Give me that Little Star adaptation that I’m still waiting for. Or Handling the Undead would be nice.

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:28 pm

Hi "Danielma." It always makes me smile when you occasionally check in! :D
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Border”