A Very Timely Review of Let the Right One In (Youtube video)

Links to interviews, trailers and other media
intrige

A Very Timely Review of Let the Right One In (Youtube video)

Post by intrige » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:09 pm

He gets it, is all I'm sayin' 8-)
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVCyQMh ... TheGemsbok
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

Siggdalos

Re: A Very Timely Review of Let the Right One In (Youtube video)

Post by Siggdalos » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:43 pm

That's a nice and concise review. I especially like his analysis of the cinematography since that isn't focused on much in most other reviews I've seen. His point about how white, black, and red are used is something I'd never reflected on at all before (other than simply noting that there's a lot of those colors in the film), and yet it makes a lot of sense and adds a lot of additional meaning to the visuals.

The way he describes Eli, and the way other reviewers have interpreted the Eli/Håkan relationship, makes me wonder how differently the character and story would've been interpreted had the movie included book-Eli's reason for using helpers, instead of leaving viewers with the implication that he only uses them because he doesn't like doing the deed himself. I guess that, with film-Eli not really showing any of book-Eli's vulnerability or childish playfulness, it was necessary to add details like him crying over Jocke in order to make him at least somewhat sympathetic.
De höll om varandra i tystnad. Oskar blundade och visste: detta var det största. Ljuset från lyktan i portvalvet trängde svagt in genom hans slutna ögonlock, la en hinna av rött för hans ögon. Det största.

intrige

Post by intrige » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:10 am

This forum should have a like button or something, because I agree with this and have nothing to add. :D
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:21 pm

Definitely one of the best I've seen. Thanks, intrige.
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

Return to “Media”