Unpublished Original Art for a Let the Right One In Spinoff Comic

Links to interviews, trailers and other media
CyberGhostface

Unpublished Original Art for a Let the Right One In Spinoff Comic

Post by CyberGhostface » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:14 pm

From Jonathan Case:

“Pitch art for a never-realized Let the Right One In spinoff comic. I wanted to do a sort of Larry McMurtry Last Picture Show neo-western thing, but with vampires. Alas, it was not to be, but it produced this page that I’ve always liked.”

https://jonathancase.net/store/unpublis ... noff-comic

Wonder what this would have been like or if Lindqvist would have been approached.

Edit: Case told me on Twitter: "It was going to be set in small town Texas in the ‘60s, and the vampire’s caretaker would have been a young woman living on a ranch."
No banaaaanas?

Wolfchild

Re: Unpublished Original Art for a Let the Right One In Spinoff Comic

Post by Wolfchild » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:16 am

CyberGhostface wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:14 pm
Wonder what this would have been like or if Lindqvist would have been approached.
Given his public comments on the topic, approaching him might have resulted in him getting out the power drill. :twisted:

However, this leads me to an interesting thought: I wonder if JAL has ever considered collaborating with an artist on a graphic novel or novella. While I'm not sure that Låt de gamla drömmarna dö, with its tight plot and third person POV would be a good candidate, What Kept You So Long? could make an awesome graphic novella given the right art style. Even if not on anything related to LDRKI, some of his other stories might yield dramatic results. Or more likely he would write something new just for this purpose. How cool would that be?
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

dongregg

Re: Unpublished Original Art for a Let the Right One In Spinoff Comic

Post by dongregg » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:45 pm

Thanks. Really good! :o
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Return to “Media”