Comic book - The sequel

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

drakkar

Re: Comic book - The sequel

Post by drakkar » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:24 pm

I kept it on a minimum, and I'm through with it.
For the heart life is simple. It beats as long as it can.
- Karl Ove Knausgård

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:55 am

JohnAjvide,

If it is any consolation, you have inspired in your fans the same love and protectiveness for your characters that you seem to have. We did not need your prompting to despise this comic spin-off idea. Whatever comes of the comic, your work can never be diminished by it - especially not in the eyes of your fans.

I feel safe in predicting that no matter what the quality or content of the comic, no one will ever become infected by it. ;)
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

nithr

Post by nithr » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:03 am

i hope this does not stop let the old dreams die. and if it's based on the matt reeves version i doubt anyone will care about it anyways.

cmfireflies

Post by cmfireflies » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:15 am

Really, really sorry to hear about this.

For what it's worth, I won't be buying the comic. And I'm sure if you want to fight it, you can find a lawyer and tell him about the situation.
"When is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it."

woowoo

Post by woowoo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:42 am

gattoparde59 wrote:
johnajvide wrote:Next time I will read all contracts with a magnifying glass, sitting on the shoulders of at least four lawyers.
Getting ripped off like that, er, deceived like that is not a trivial matter.

Next time you need reliable lawyers, to state the obvious.
It happens all the time... all over the world.... greed is the root of all evil.... those lawyers very well may have been in cahoots?...
"deserves got nothin to do with it" William Munny, Unforgiven

gary13136

Post by gary13136 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:39 pm

I remember that a series of comics came out in the 90s built around the Anne Rice vampire novels. Having seen them, I wasn't really impressed. I didn't particularly like some of the artwork.

As for a lawyer misrepresenting the facts of the contract, that would seem grounds for action against him.

Storm in a glass of water? Sounds like a refreshing interpretation on the original. Might become the standard in the future. :D
One example of democracy in action is 5 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.--Anonymous

Jiang_Shi

Post by Jiang_Shi » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Hey there, a little new here but thought I'd add this bit of information in.
I've been trying to keep a very close eye on this comic book project by Dark Horse. I found an interview with Patric Reynolds, the illustrator of the graphic novel, today. Seems the comic will be a four part graphic novel based on the film remake. Take a look if you're interested, it's at the very end: http://comicattack.net/2010/06/intrvw-patric-reynolds/
They do have a very impressive writer and illustrator backing the production of this comic. However, I am very disappointed to hear about the contract mishandling, heart-broken even. I will be keeping fingers crossed as to what happens next!
"You can suck out the blood but you can't kill the heart of my love." --- Pink Mountaintops

danielma

Post by danielma » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:31 pm

Damn net here at work and not letting me access to read it...

So its gonna be a four parter...that's interesting. Here is a question for everyone here, will you actually read these when they come out?

As I've stated before, I do think it sucks that they couldn't be bothered to contact JAL about it, or to even inform JAL that this was happening...on that level yes it indeed sucks.

But to play devils advocate, I'm kind of morbidly curious to read them when they come out. I'm kind of morbidly curious to see what the story will be in this 4 parter. So am I alone? Are any of you going to eventually read them?
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

Wolfchild

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:23 am

At least it seems that the plan is for the comic to deal with Owen & Abby and not Oskar & Eli.

I doubt that I will be moved to read these even if I don't have to go to the trouble to seek them out. Comics never really interested me. I read The Watchmen, and I was impressed by the literary quality of its plot and storytelling, but that's about it for me and comics. They never impressed me in general, and reading these in particular would seem like a disrespect of JAL.

Instead (to quote some blogger's comment about Let Me In), I plan to feel smug about ignoring them. :)
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

jellmoo

Post by jellmoo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:26 am

That... That was quite possibly the worst interview ever. I don't think I have ever seen an interviewer let somebody ramble on so much without guiding the discussion. Wow.

Personally, I'm intrigued by the idea of a comic, simply because I think there is a lot of potential in the medium. However, I don't have much interest in one that doesn't involve JAL in some way, even if it's only as a creative consultant. The vision is imply too far removed for me to think of as anything other than published fan fiction.
---
At one point, we have all been both the monster and the victim.
Time will tell for which you will be remembered.

Return to “Let Me In”