Reviews are rolling in, this one from Twitch

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

Gavin

Reviews are rolling in, this one from Twitch

Post by Gavin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:35 pm

A most unusual coming of age story, Let Me In is the story of a blossoming relationship between a boy and a vampire and it is one that has now proven to be quite resilient, taking on slightly different shapes and forms as it shifts between mediums and languages. And though the Reeves take is not exhaustive by any means - the book is considerably richer and more complex than either film version - it is nonetheless remarkable on a number of levels.

First, and most strikingly, it boasts striking performances from the entire cast. While supporting players Elias Koteas and Richard Jenkins both bring surprising depth to their relatively brief screen time the weight of the film rests on the shoulders of young stars Chloe Moretz and Kodi Smit-McPhee and both are absolutely stellar. At least one of the two young performers are on screen for better than eighty percent of the running time, meaning strong performances were necessary if the film was to hang together and both deliver in a big way with subtle, restrained performances.
Full review:

http://twitchfilm.net/reviews/2010/09/t ... review.php

Return to “Let Me In”