Let Me In (to a better movie)

For discussion of Matt Reeve's Film Let Me In

Moderator: LMI Moderator

armyofdorkness

Let Me In (to a better movie)

Post by armyofdorkness » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:33 am

Wow. Has 2 years of anticipation ever paid off with more disappointment? Maybe the Obama administration?

I've dutifully gone along to Twilight: Eclipse so far this year, so I thought this might be my chance to tip the scales of sanity back the right way, but they've finally tumbled onto the floor and I'm not picking them up, god dammit.

Okay, I knew it wasn't going to be as good as LTROI, I'm not stupid, but don't copy the entire movie from beginning to f***ing end. Throw me some curves. Instead Reeves proves himself to be completely and utterly gutless by trying nothing new and taking no risks.

Oh yeah, this was painful - The movie features multiple (I recall three or four) scenes in which Abby turns into CGI and either bludgeons a CGI mannequin into a pulp or performs some kind of fake-looking stunt. No, no cat scene, IT'S WORSE. We like to think that America is easily afforded the best special effects but not necessarily.

As completely, utterly pointless as remakes get. Everything that was good or interesting in LTROI is missing.

Quote of the night:

her: "Let me in to The Social Network."
me: "This movie will not let you in to the social network."

Return to “Let Me In”