Coming in From the Cold--The Eli Chronicles; Collaboration

A forum for discussing fan art related to Let The Right One In
dongregg

Re: Coming in From the Cold--The Eli Chronicles; Collaborat

Post by dongregg » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:01 am

PeteMork wrote:Another traumatic scene in Eli’s usually perfect but always exciting life. :o

Kudos to anyone who can guess what the Icon over her head represents. ;)

(Hint: There's a clue in the chapter)

Eli’s hand slid under his and he watched in horror as her finger disappeared deep into the wound, but at least the blood stopped flowing.

The Eli Chronicles, Chapter 23: Confrontations
Okay, no fair. Exciting chapter -- one of the best -- but I can't see how the icon over Eli's head fits in. This is the third time I've read the chapter.
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

PeteMork

Post by PeteMork » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:17 am

dongregg wrote:Okay, no fair. Exciting chapter -- one of the best -- but I can't see how the icon over Eli's head fits in. This is the third time I've read the chapter.
I'll give you a hint, but I think I'll leave it to Daniel to make the big 'reveal.' Read the clue (a quote from the chapter), if you dare:
Whenever… it happens, we’ll be together, Oskar. I promise. If you should die, stay nearby, and I’ll be there with you in the blink of an eye.

I promise you the same, Eli. We’ll wait for each other. They both felt the strength of their solemn pact; a pact they both realized had almost been honored that very day.

“You weren’t trying to just stop him, were you Oskar? You were willing to die. Because you though I was dead.”

Oskar nodded, solemnly.

She got a twinkle in her eye. “Oskar, just make sure I’m really dead next time. Don’t make the same mistake Romeo made.”

He kissed her again. “Okay, Juliette. I promise.” He reached up and touched her face, then closed his eyes and with both hands, gently felt every contour of it, touching her lips, her eyes, and finally her slender neck. She's so perfect, and so beautiful! His fingers found the faint remnants of her gunshot wound, and his eyes opened. He put his hand over it protectively, trying to will it away
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:10 am

Okay already! I'll leave the reveal up to Daniel!
“For drama to deepen, we must see the loneliness of the monster and the cunning of the innocent.”

Clubmeister

Post by Clubmeister » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:26 pm

PeteMork wrote:Eli to the Rescue.

And Daniel does it again! It doesn’t take much imagination to figure out what her icon means this time. :evil:

Eli discovers her Oskar has been kidnapped. Dark thoughts ensue, and although a bit disheveled and still in her PJs, she flies to his rescue.

I always liked Eli with the wings! These are very nice, not as Daniel usually paints them.
It's good, Pete, that you announce new Daniel's pictures because many people hardly will check them in the story
He is looking at me, silently, expectantly, in the near-dark room, neither smiling nor frowning; gaunt as a Belsen child, proud as the Devil, distant and beautiful as a star. [DMt.]

Daniel Ether

Post by Daniel Ether » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:59 am

Ohhh like always i'm really glad you guys like it this much! :wub:
Its been a while since i draw the last one and like always it was so much fun! the last few month was packed with events and my life got everted a few times but in the best ways possible :lol:
i'm in the mittle of a reread of LTROI and Petes stories (a very very slow one like always :D ) and while it could take a while i'm still very enthusiastic in makeing these :)
Clubmeister wrote: I always liked Eli with the wings! These are very nice, not as Daniel usually paints them.
It's good, Pete, that you announce new Daniel's pictures because many people hardly will check them in the story
:) i'm so glad to hear that. i tried to show them with folds while Eli is lowering a wing but so i had to draw them grey not jet-black :think:
maybe i can figure out a way to still make them as black as they are ;)

dongregg wrote:Okay already! I'll leave the reveal up to Daniel!
the sing over poor Elis head :shock:
I have to say it really is kind of "kopflastig" :lol: (there is no word for "kopflastig" in english i think... maybe "top-heavy" in a mental way? :lol: )
I thought of this:
While Eli and Oskar faced their possible death together and the story of "Romeo and Juliet" means so much to them i placed a big "C" as a crest for the House of Capulet over Elis head

dongregg

Post by dongregg » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:57 pm

Not kopflastig to me. I tried various things, like combining O & E. After the clue, I tried R & J, but C was too simple for my overly busy head. Well done, Daniel, and it got me reading two great chapters again (couldn't stop after just one).

PeteMork

Re: Coming in From the Cold--The Eli Chronicles; Collaboration

Post by PeteMork » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:37 am

Bump!!! I just thought some of you might be interested in reminiscing about this collaboration between Daniel Ether and myself. His drawings are still as wonderful and touching as I had remembered. For those who want to follow along with the book references, the links to the PDF files described on page 5 of the thread still seem to work, so both stories can be downloaded.

Remember to start at the beginning of the thread. ;)
We never stop reading, although every book comes to an end, just as we never stop living, although death is certain. (Roberto Bolaño)

andmker

Post by andmker » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:22 pm

What a stunning and brilliantly bounded book! What a gift and more than 1000 pages 😲

Love some of the drawings as well....should make an "Oscar and Eli" cartoon or comic 🤔

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:14 am

PeteMork wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:37 am
Bump!!! I just thought some of you might be interested in reminiscing about this collaboration between Daniel Ether and myself. His drawings are still as wonderful and touching as I had remembered. For those who want to follow along with the book references, the links to the PDF files described on page 5 of the thread still seem to work, so both stories can be downloaded.

Remember to start at the beginning of the thread. ;)
You should bump that one where she goes around tracking down all of the board members. :twisted:

Return to “Fan Art”