John Ajvide Lindqvist

Leave a message for the cast & crew
Wolfchild

John Ajvide Lindqvist

Post by Wolfchild » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:00 am

This thread is dedicated to messages for John Ajvide Lindqvist - the author of the novel Låt Den Rätte Komma In writer of the screenplay for the film Let The Right One In.

Doosty

Re: John Ajvide Lindqvist

Post by Doosty » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:46 pm

I'd just like to say thank you John. You have a written what is beyond a doubt my personal favorite story. A story that has affected the lives of many people, as I'm sure you're aware since I see you have visited the site from time to time. You have such a gift in your writing ability. No other author has been able to move me to tears the way that you have. I'm so glad to have stumbled upon your stories. I look forward to reading all future works written by you, as you have a lifetime faithful reader in me. I wish you endless happiness and success.
Last edited by Doosty on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moonvibe34

Post by moonvibe34 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:41 pm

Hey John,

Thanks a million for creating LTROI. It really has changed my life and I am very grateful to you for the time, effort and heart that you poured into what is to me the greatest fictional story I have ever known.I really dig your writing style and the way your stories blend such deep themes with moving and believable characters. I hope your success continues as you certainly deserve every ounce of it. Thank's again.

Sincerely,
moonvibe34

p.s. Thanks for givin' all us Oskars an Eli.
Last edited by moonvibe34 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But dreams come through stone walls, light up dark rooms, or darken light ones, and their persons make their exits and their entrances as they please, and laugh at locksmiths."
Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

DMt.

Post by DMt. » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:52 pm

You made me start writing E&O FanFic, I think that probably says it all.

Thanks for everything, and all the best,
DMt.

xbox fan

Post by xbox fan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:18 am

John, I fell in love with LTROI and watched it daily for a while. The book was the first book I've read in about 20 years (Larry Bird's autobiography in 1990). It's also the first time and only time i've joined an online forum. So you can see the story has had a strong effect on me. Thank you and i can't wait for more books from you ( in english if possible, the wait time for translation is killing me)

a_contemplative_life

Post by a_contemplative_life » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:25 pm

Dear John,

Thank you for creating two beautiful characters for us to fall in love with, and for writing about them so well that they are totally believable. And because I don't think you can write like that without carrying it around inside you, then you, too, must be a wonderful person. I look forward to reading everything that you write.

Sincerely yours,

a_contemplative_life
Fairfax, Virginia U.S.A.

danielma

Post by danielma » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:15 am

John

I guess I should start by saying many thanks for writing what is not only a terrific genre story. But also, as I've stated before on this forum. I discovered your Book on the New Release section of my local borders. At the time I was heavily into reading to distract myself from the problems that I had in life. I found myself picking up your book from the New Release Section, read the synopsis, found myself intrigued and bought it blindly.

After reading it cover to cover, all I can say is, Best Blind Buy Ever. This book touched me very personally, and I saw so much of myself (and my own childhood) in Oskar. At times it was painful to read, but mainly it was gratifying to read a character that I connected too instantly. It is safe to say that I fell hopelessly in love with these characters and I grew too care and became attached to them. I felt that not only were these characters personal to you, but they became personal to me as well.

So skip to the end...I would just like to say many thanks for writing what is not only a damn good genre story, but also thanks for writing something so haunting, touching, and personal.

Thanks John...you quickly became one of my favourite new Authors and can't wait to read Human Harbour and Little Star next :)
My Blog: Toxic Culture
Neon Maniacs: Link

intrige

Post by intrige » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:16 pm

John, I dont know what to say, I am Reading Harbour, have Read Let the right one in, and Handeling the undead. Papirwalls is next on the list. And in January, Little star comes out in Noreay, I cant wait to red it! Din trollkarXD

I fell in love with Let the right one in, and sometimes when I am bored, I just llok up my favorite parts of the book, and it always makes me in a better mood. Also reflecting about, well. This story, and that you didn't have a Vampire friend to turn to when you were like Oskar. (I am shure you have pimped up his mind, though.) But I have to know, If you one day will be reading this, and can answer this.

- Where did you get the insperation to write LTROI?
- Did those bullies call you Piggy(Grisen)?

Once again, I am a big fan!
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

waggy05

Post by waggy05 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Dear JAL,

It has been said before many, many times on this site but I need to say it again for my own reasons. Thank you for writing Låt den rätte komma in. Before I read this, I had not read a book in probably five years. So you opened a door for me that I am very grateful for. I have since read Handling The Undead, and as soon as it arrives from overseas I will start Harbour (I'm in the US). Never before had I been so entranced by a story. I could not put Let The Right One In down, and when I was near the end of the novel, I felt a bittersweet sense of remorse. Couldn't put it down but I was sad that it was over. Thankfully, I can read it over and over again. And, thankfully, from what I hear Let The Old Dreams Die will be available soon. So thank you John, for rekindling my love for stories and reading. In the time that has passed since finishing the books of yours that I have read, I have picked up some other titles but none have been able to provide the "can't put this one down" concept that I've experienced with your work.

Cheers.

Also, if you ever come across this and feel like replying, I have been wondering about a certain part of LTROI...
The flashback scene, and the events that take place in the flashback. Where did you get the inspiration for that?

Cheers again from the U.S.

Ka Faraq Gatri

Post by Ka Faraq Gatri » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:15 pm

John i love your 1st book and i will be looking to read the rest, you have earned a place as one of my favourite authors of all time.
Destroyer Of Worlds

"when life give you lemons, suck them!!!"

Return to “Guest Book”