finally got the book.

For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel Människohamn
Post Reply
TigerEyes
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 pm
Contact:

finally got the book.

Post by TigerEyes » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:10 am

i have recently got the harbour book, US edition, it came to my bookstore not too long ago. i'll be reading it up. it's rather interesting so far, but i hadn't reached the middle yet. i also still am reading the LTROIas well. i'm of course trying to work on my stories, it'll take me a while. i guess i should count my lucky star that i only had a job and that's that because if i had a family and more,i might never finish reading books or writing.
Run, and you might live.
Stay, and you might die.
However, nothing is certain.

Come visit my blog where i write stuff of Vampires, including Let the right one in, http://godlessvampire.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Bustedstuff15
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: finally got the book.

Post by Bustedstuff15 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:35 am

TigerEyes wrote:i have recently got the harbour book, US edition, it came to my bookstore not too long ago. i'll be reading it up. it's rather interesting so far, but i hadn't reached the middle yet. i also still am reading the LTROIas well. i'm of course trying to work on my stories, it'll take me a while. i guess i should count my lucky star that i only had a job and that's that because if i had a family and more,i might never finish reading books or writing.

Do yourself a favor and finish harbour no matter what gets in your way. It is an incredible story
There’s a darkness upon me that’s flooded in light

TigerEyes
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 pm
Contact:

Re: finally got the book.

Post by TigerEyes » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:26 pm

Bustedstuff15 wrote:
TigerEyes wrote:i have recently got the harbour book, US edition, it came to my bookstore not too long ago. i'll be reading it up. it's rather interesting so far, but i hadn't reached the middle yet. i also still am reading the LTROIas well. i'm of course trying to work on my stories, it'll take me a while. i guess i should count my lucky star that i only had a job and that's that because if i had a family and more,i might never finish reading books or writing.

Do yourself a favor and finish harbour no matter what gets in your way. It is an incredible story
oh i will indeed finish it. ;)
Run, and you might live.
Stay, and you might die.
However, nothing is certain.

Come visit my blog where i write stuff of Vampires, including Let the right one in, http://godlessvampire.blogspot.com/

User avatar
varamiglite
Posts: 853
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:41 am
Location: Kansas, USA

Re: finally got the book.

Post by varamiglite » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:44 pm

I'm looking forward to reading that in the near future, but I want to read Little Star first. That is if I can have it shipped at a reasonable rate since I'm pretty sure it will have to be shipped from Australia and I refuse to wait until it's released here! I've read a lot of mixed reviews on both, but I'll take my chances. I've read that some people were turned off by LTROI too and that turned out to be one of the best books I've ever read, so that goes to show that people don't know WTF they're talking about!
slog tillbaka. hårt.

User avatar
Nightrider
Moderator
Posts: 3545
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:02 am
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: finally got the book.

Post by Nightrider » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:55 pm

varamiglite wrote:I'm looking forward to reading that in the near future, but I want to read Little Star first. That is if I can have it shipped at a reasonable rate since I'm pretty sure it will have to be shipped from Australia and I refuse to wait until it's released here! I've read a lot of mixed reviews on both, but I'll take my chances. I've read that some people were turned off by LTROI too and that turned out to be one of the best books I've ever read, so that goes to show that people don't know WTF they're talking about!
I loved all the previous Lindquist's books, but when I heard what "Little Star" was about I was a bit put off. The synopsis did not sound interesting at all. However when the book arrived I couldn't put it down. It's a well written, grisly, creepy, timely and smart tale . Just as it was with "Harbor" , I was sorry that the book ended. You'll love it.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

User avatar
varamiglite
Posts: 853
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:41 am
Location: Kansas, USA

Re: finally got the book.

Post by varamiglite » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:14 am

Nightrider wrote:
varamiglite wrote:I'm looking forward to reading that in the near future, but I want to read Little Star first. That is if I can have it shipped at a reasonable rate since I'm pretty sure it will have to be shipped from Australia and I refuse to wait until it's released here! I've read a lot of mixed reviews on both, but I'll take my chances. I've read that some people were turned off by LTROI too and that turned out to be one of the best books I've ever read, so that goes to show that people don't know WTF they're talking about!
I loved all the previous Lindquist's books, but when I heard what "Little Star" was about I was a bit put off. The synopsis did not sound interesting at all. However when the book arrived I couldn't put it down. It's a well written, grisly, creepy, timely and smart tale . Just as it was with "Harbor" , I was sorry that the book ended. You'll love it.
Yeah the premise does sound a little boring but I trust that JAL could make an interesting story about someone that makes quilts for a living! He could find a way to make it dark and creepy. I found it on amazon.co.uk, and as I figured the shipping is just as much as the book, but still incredibly reasonable! Under 25 bucks for a hardcover shipped across an ocean and halfway across the country isn't bad at all in my opinion! It'll cost that much just for the book without shipping once it's available in the US.
slog tillbaka. hårt.

TigerEyes
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 pm
Contact:

Re: finally got the book.

Post by TigerEyes » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:09 am

i'm really am liking harbour, am i'm just barely at the middle! not as great as LTROI, but it's still pretty good. :D
Run, and you might live.
Stay, and you might die.
However, nothing is certain.

Come visit my blog where i write stuff of Vampires, including Let the right one in, http://godlessvampire.blogspot.com/

User avatar
intrige
Posts: 4148
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: finally got the book.

Post by intrige » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:02 pm

I saw that the book was being sold at Gardemoen (Oslo airport) in a bookstore. I stated looking for the LTROI hardcover, which I don't have. I didn't find it. But harbour was there, not in hardcover. But like this:
Image
Bulleri bulleri buck, hur många horn står upp

User avatar
Nightrider
Moderator
Posts: 3545
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:02 am
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: finally got the book.

Post by Nightrider » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Image

Nice font. Not very inviting cover though. Looks like a technical manual or a textbook. :)
Still awesome novel, regardless of this artwork.
http://www.aspca.org/

Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeTheInfected

Nobody understands...and of course...how could they?

User avatar
Wolfchild
Posts: 2927
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:26 pm
Contact:

Re: finally got the book.

Post by Wolfchild » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:00 am

Nightrider wrote:Image

Nice font. Not very inviting cover though. Looks like a technical manual or a textbook. :)
Still awesome novel, regardless of this artwork.
I kind of like it, with the spiritus right in the middle, and the "M" and the "N" clipped to give a nice claustrophobic feel. Artistically, I like this one almost as much the Australian cover.
...the story derives a lot of its appeal from its sense of despair and a darkness in which the love of Eli and Oskar seems to shine with a strange and disturbing light.
-Lacenaire

Visit My LTROI fan page.

Post Reply

Return to “Harbour”