- I like that John made the epilogue to Oskar & Eli's love story into another love story.
- I like the parallel between Oskar & Eli sealing their fates together with clasped hands, and Stefan realizing that Karin is the one while re-enact the hand clasping.
- I like the way John is able to describe an epic love (I guess all true love is epic, isn't it?) without resorting to epic language or epic drama.
- I like the way Stefan & Karin's story is just as open-ended as Oskar & Eli's.
- I like the way John had Stefan & Karin making the choice that most of The Infected would probably also have chosen.
- Most of all, I like the way LTODD went in a direction I never could have imagined, and still somehow continued the magic from LDRKI.
- OK, the "Most of all..." should have been the last the one, but... this story reminded me that I like that I'm Infected.
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
For discussion of John Ajvide Lindqvist's short story collection Låt de gamla drömmarna dö